Here are 5 Ways to Avoid International Roaming Charges When Traveling to the Bahamas.
Purchase a pre-paid sim card- A local Bahamian Sim card paired with an unlocked phone will
guarantee you will not receive a horrific cell phone bill filled with roaming charges when you return from your vacation in the
WiFi- There are numerous places in the Bahamas that have free wifi access. Check out our list below!
1) Festival Place- This is the welcome center for cruise ship passengers. Here the wifi is not
as fast as it should be due to the number of people using it.
2) McDonalds Downtown- within walking distance of the cruise ship pier located on West
Bay Street right across from the British Colonial Hilton Hotel
3) Dunkin Donuts- offers free wifi to patrons who purchase a drinks or donuts at the
4) Conch Fritters Restaurant- offers free wifi to patrons who purchase a drinks or meals at the
5) Twin Brothers Restaurant(Fish Fry)- offers free wifi to patrons who purchase a drinks or
meals at the establishment
WhatsApp- This messaging platform uses your wifi connection to send and receive text
messages, videos and pictures without incurring roaming charges.
Rent a Smartphone or Wifi Hotspot- You also have the option of renting a Bahamian smartphone
or WiFi hot spot from www.pocketwifibahamas.com. This option alleviates all of the stress of
buying the correct unlocked device, configuring it correctly and hoping that it works once you
arrive in the Bahamas. The device is mailed to you pre-configured and ready to use prior to your
vacation and you mail it back after the rental period. It’s really that simple!